(NEW YORK)–CBD infused beverage stocks have seen their prices spiral down the drain since early October, but could now be ready for a potential short covering rally as bargain hunters prepare to step back in.
CBD infused stocks, along with the whole cannabis sector, saw an epic rally in September and October as investors looked to take positions before Canada legalization. But in classic ‘buy on the rumor, sell of the news’ these stocks took a hit after legalization on Oct. 20th, with small cap CBD beverage plays taking the worst hit of them all.
But could it be finally be time to step back in to these stocks?
Correction in CBD Beverage Sector
– New Age Beverages (NBEV) saw a high of around $10.00 in early October, but has now retraced to just below $5.00
– India Globalization Capital (IGC) hit a screaming high of $14 as one of the most followed play among traders, but has since traded down dramatically to now under $3.00
– Puration Inc (PURA) hit a high of $0.25 in early October, but now trades just around $0.12
– American Premium Water (HIPH) hit a high of $0.13 in early October, and now trades at $0.08
– AppSwarm (SWRM) hit a high just over $0.02, but has only retraced back to $0.015 as stock did not have the extreme premium built in like ones mentioned above
– ChineseInvestors (CIIX) saw a high of around $1.25 in early October, but has now retraced back to around $0.75
It is never easy to call an exact bottom after a sector has had such a strong run, but with many of these stocks retracing back 50% off their highs, and several now testing their 50-day moving averages, the stage may be set for possible short covering rally as some investors may look to step back doing some bargain hunting.
This is NOT a solicitation to Buy or Sell any security, but rather is for informational purposes only. Content contained herein includes facts, views, opinions and recommendations of individuals and organizations deemed of interest. Wall Street Newscast (“WSNC”) does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of, or otherwise endorse these views, opinions or recommendations, or give investment advice. WSNC, its affiliates, or directors, may or may not hold a position in the above security from time to time, and investors are encourage to consider this as a possible conflict of interest when reviewing this information. In Compliance with SEC Rule 17B Wall Street Newscast was compensated three thousand five hundred dollars from Appswarm, for this media alert, and also holds a business relationship through our parent company, and thus should be considered a possible conflict of interest when reviewing this report and information. As of date of this alert, WSNC, or any of its affiliates, held no positions in securities mentioned above. These investments may involve a high degree of risk, thus investors are highly encouraged to consult with a financial advisor before any and all investments.
Safe Harbor Statements:
This website includes statements that may constitute forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected.
Small and Micro cap, or ‘penny stocks’, involve a high degree of risk, and we highly encourage investors to consult with a financial advisor before making any and all investment decisions when investing in these type of securities