(NEW YORK–FUJIFILM Corporation (FUJIY) announced it has expanded its manufacturing capacity to increase production of its influenza antiviral drug “Avigan® Tablet” (favipiravir) for treating patients with COVID-19.
To further boost the supply of Avigan, Fujifilm is allocating additional capacity at its FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical Co., Ltd. facility in Japan, for production of pharmaceutical intermediates used to manufacture Avigan, and has established strategic partnerships with domestic and overseas companies for various manufacturing processes to source raw materials and pharmaceutical substances.
Fujifilm expects to progressively increase the monthly production of Avigan up to 100,000 treatment courses by July 2020, and further accelerate production up to 300,000 treatment courses by September 2020.
FujiFilm joins others plyers in rush to find treatment of COVID19 such as Gilead Sciences (GILD) and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN).
Avigan Tablet was approved for manufacture and sale in Japan in 2014 as an influenza antiviral drug for novel or re-emerging influenza virus infections. Japanese government has a certain stock pile of the drug as a countermeasure against such influenza viruses. Avigan is not approved for distribution in the U.S. or any overseas countries. For more information, please see: http://fftc.fujifilm.co.jp/en/avigan/
This is NOT a solicitation to Buy or Sell any security, but rather is for informational purposes only. Content contained herein includes facts, views, opinions and recommendations of individuals and organizations deemed of interest. Wall Street Newscast (“WSNC”) does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of, or otherwise endorse these views, opinions or recommendations, or give investment advice. In Compliance with SEC Rule 17B WSNC was not compensated for this media alert. WSNC, or any of its affiliates, hold no positions in securities mentioned above. These investments may involve a high degree of risk, thus investors are highly encouraged to consult with a financial adviser before any and all investments.
Safe Harbor Statements:
This website includes statements that may constitute forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected.
Small and Micro cap, or ‘penny stocks’, involve a high degree of risk, and we highly encourage investors to consult with a financial adviser before making any and all investment decisions when investing in these type of securities
- 4 Face Mask Stocks to Trade in COVID-19 Outbreak - July 22, 2020
- Dynavax (DVAX) Receives $27M Vaccine Purchase Order from CDC - July 1, 2020
- As COVID-19 Cases Spike Look to PPE Stocks: $LAKE $APT $GTXO - June 15, 2020
- Spike in COVID Cases May Spell Risk Off for Overvalued Stocks and Markets - June 7, 2020
- Riot Blockchain (RIOT) a Hedge on Inflation as Bitcoin Rallies - May 13, 2020
- Stock Valuations Could Set Stage for Potential Bubble Burst - May 9, 2020
- Centennial Resource (CDEV) Boosts Liquidity $468M as WTI Crude Breaks Above $20 Barrel - May 4, 2020
- Companies Should Prepare IT Spending to Thrive in New Normal - April 16, 2020
- Great Elm Capital (GEC) Provides Ventilators and Respiratory Care Equipment - April 15, 2020
- FujiFilm (FUJIY) to Ramp Up Production of Avigan for Treatment of COVID19 - April 15, 2020